Monday, January 20, 2014

This is My Father's World by M.D. Babcock

This poem was in my son's reading for today.  I thought I would share it with you. Have you taken the time lately to meditate on God's Word and His character?  Consider Psalm 19:1


This is my Father's world,
And to my listening ears
All nature sings,
And round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world!
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees,
Of skies and seas -
His Hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father's world -
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light,
The lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.

This is my Father's world!
He shines in all that's fair,
In the rustling grass
I hear Him pass -
He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father's world -
O let me ne'er forget
That tho the wrong
Seems oft so strong
God is the Ruler yet.

This is my Father's world!
The battle is not done;
Jesus who died
Shall be satisfied,
And earth and heaven be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment